twitter




Friday, March 12, 2010

What is harder ice skating or roller skating?

I can ice skate a little bit (not much, just to move forvard)I want to try roller skaiting. Is it very hard? I'v never tried before in my life. When I grew up and where I grew up they weren't popular. We were riding bikes, that's all. Any tips?

What is harder ice skating or roller skating?
Roller skates are much easier. I grew up both roller and ice skating (ah the mid-west in the 70's) and do both pretty decently. A first much like ice skating you feel kind of funky but it doesn't require as much balance as ice skating once you get the hang of it. You might try in-line skates instead they're much easier, not as ungainly as roller skates a little more like ice skates.
Reply:I can do both. I started roller skating and after about 15 years went to ice skating. I thought ice skating was much easier... but that could have been because I had all those years of roller skating under my belt. I also found inline skating really easy. My husband found all of them intolerable because he was in his mid 20s before he tried any of them!



books

No comments:

Post a Comment