twitter




Friday, March 12, 2010

Curling Shoes on an Ice Skating Rink??

I don't like to ice skate but would love to try skidding around the rink with the shoes that curlers wear. Does anyone know if most rinks will allow curling shoes? Is it difficult to slide around with those shoes on? (It looks easy, but we all know that doesn't mean anything!) Is it as fun as it looks?

Curling Shoes on an Ice Skating Rink??
In case you don't know much about curling shoes, one shoe has a thick, flat plastic coating on the bottom, and the other one has a rubber bottom. The rubber bottom shoe doesn't slide, but the one with the plastic coating (called the slider) does. I have actually used my curling shoes on a skating rink and it is ok. It does get a little tiresome though, since you stand mostly on one foot (the slider) when you glide.
Reply:Check with your local skating rink. Mine will allow you to wear clean street shoes on the rink, but still charge a fee.


Shoes on ice are shoes on ice - slippery.


I'm not sure how the bottom of curling shoes look, but they appear as if they would be without any grip at all.


I would just try the ice with a pair of tennis shoes - you'll still be able to slide/skid around.


I used to have blast on the ice with my tennis shoes when my brothers were playing hockey with their skates.



flower

No comments:

Post a Comment